- Having too much colorful consumption like red wine or coffee
- Certain medications like antibiotics
- Decayed teeth
- Having negative habits like smoking tobacco products </ul Regardless of all reasons, with the help of teeth whitening treatment, there’s no reason to feel embarrassed about your smile. Moreover, if you don’t achieve what you have always dreamed of through teeth whitening treatments, you can go for other exceptional cosmetic dental options like dental bonding and dental veneers.
How Does Teeth Whitening Procedure Work?
Generally, this treatment refers to a range of effective options that aim to create a picture-perfect smile with a set of shiny teeth for all valued patients. If you prefer to bring brightness back to your natural teeth in the shortest time possible, in-office whitening options can be a better solution. This highly-requested method is the safest whitening options too because your cosmetic dental practitioners are equipped with all essential tools to prevent urgent dental conditions during the procedure. In contrast, those looking for the most budget-friendly whitening options to eliminate their minor discolorations are the best candidates for at-home whitening methods. Highly-skilled cosmetic dentists are the only ones who can easily diagnose the type and severity of your dental discoloration and recommend the most effective treatment to correct them. Therefore, before trying over-the-counter types of whitening options, you should schedule a time to see a dedicated cosmetic dental practitioner and let them accurately check the conditions of your teeth and smile.
According to professional teeth whitening experts, dental discoloration falls into two categories: intrinsic and extrinsic. As the name implies, intrinsic stains find chances to reach the deepest parts of your teeth. In-office whitening methods will work more effectively to remove these types of stains. While extrinsic stains will be properly removed using at-home whitening solutions.
How Long Does Teeth Whitening Procedure Last?
Whether you use at-home whitening or undergo an in-office option, you should keep in mind their desirable outcomes won’t last forever. Fortunately, some simple tips can help you preserve your white and bright smile longer than expected. The following items are the most important points that can significantly linger the durability of teeth whitening treatment:
- Practicing good oral hygiene to keep your oral health in good shape
- Quitting smoking
- Having enough amount of water daily instead of tea or coffee.