It’s highly recommended to consider restorative dental care services if you suffer from damaged or decayed teeth. There are many different dental procedures covered by the restorative dentistry to give you a pleasant final look of your smile. Many think restorative dentistry is only focused on restoring the function of your teeth, but in fact, the aesthetic and appearance of your smile are one of the most important goals of restorative treatments. You can visit our professionals at Dentistry on Gloucester to receive the highest quality of restorative dental services to improve the look of your smile, protect your oral health and prevent further possible problems. Generally, the aim of restorative dentistry is to give you healthy and strong teeth so you can enjoy the moments you smile with family and friends. Here is a complete guide to restorative dentistry that gives you all the needed information.
What are the most popular restorative dental treatments?
- Dental veneers: If your teeth are stained, cracked, or chipped, you may be a good candidate to get dental veneers. Among all different cosmetic dental procedures, veneers are significantly popular as they provide many unique benefits.
- Dental implants: In order to replace lost teeth, you have many different options that you should choose based on your needs. However, none of them are as efficient and beneficial as dental implants as they are inserted into your jawbone surgically. Your cosmetic dentist may refer you to an experienced implant dentist if you have all the needed qualifications for dental implant treatment.
- Dentures: Another option you have to replace missing teeth are dentures. Unlike what most patients believe, dentures are more advanced and developed than before, and you can choose partial dentures or other options based on your condition and demands.
Who can be a good candidate for restorative dentistry?
- Stains and chips: Most restorative treatments also offer cosmetic benefits and can improve your smile appearance. For instance, veneers are amazing for hiding tooth discoloration when professional teeth whitening isn’t effective in your case.
- Damaged tooth structure: When your tooth structure is damaged, many severe dental problems are possible to occur. Therefore, it’s necessary to ask for restorative dental care to preserve your dental health and keep your smile shiny. Dental restorations such as crowns and veneers can enhance and repair your tooth structure and provide your tooth with more protection.
- Tooth decay: One of the most common dental emergencies you should always take care of is tooth decay. Tooth decay happens when the hard outer layer of your tooth, called enamel, is worn away by damaging acids in your mouth.
Can any dentists offer restorative dentistry services?
Typically, most dentists can provide restorative dental care if you want. However, some cases require the creation of specific pieces that can’t be done on-site. In such conditions, your dentist should cooperate with a lab to have these pieces created by experts.
So, what should you do in the end?
It’s vital to understand which dental restoration is needed to maintain your teeth’ appearance and function. You can call our professionals to book an appointment and discuss all your questions.